My dearest friend wanted me to bake a cake for her daughter, Nyla's 1st birthday. The theme was Minnie Mouse. I have never made it before so I was a bit nervous but I took on the challenge. She had a Minnie Mouse cake pan, so I borrowed it from her. Now the fun part begins.
I hope you like this recipe . Please give me feedback so I can improve!
Serves: Make 2 9" round cakes
Make 1 9" x 13" pan cake
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs at room temp.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temp.
Flour for dusting
2 - 9" round cake pan OR 1- 9" x 13" rectangular pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Line two 9-inch round cake pans or one 9x13-inch rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs until slightly fluffy, for about 1/2 minute. Add sugar and butter . Beat for another 1/2 minute. Don't overbeat the mixture. Overbeating won't makes cake moist and soft.
- In another mixing bowl add flour, baking powder and sieve together.
- Add 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup oil and vanilla into egg and sugar mixture and beat for 1/2 minute. Add 1/2 cup of flour and beat until the batter is smooth and creamy. Don't overbeat.
- Repeat the procedure until all ingredients mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan(s).
- Tap the pan on flat surface to avoid bubbling in batter and to spread it evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and poke a toothpick into the center of the layer to check if it comes out clean.
- 9' x 13" rectangular pan will take longer to bake than two round ones.
- Let it cool completely.
- Carefully take out the cakes from pan and cover with your choice of frosting.