Thursday, April 10, 2014

Whole wheat Dates-Almond Muffins (Eggless)

Any kind of sweet delicacy is my weakness, I know it but still can't stop myself to make an experiments. Today I was trying to make healthier muffins and I have tried my best to make it. So yummy, soft, not too sweet. You can enjoy them with tea, coffee or milk.

I bought almond flour from Costco a couple of weeks ago, so I used it in my recipe. I bought 2 bags, so I think its better to keep them in freezer, so I can use it later throughout year.







Ingredients ( makes 15-16):

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon flax seeds powder
3/8 cup sugar
5 tablespoon dates paste (6-7 dates pitted)
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 tablespoon chopped walnut

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F
  2. Prepare muffin tray with cupcake liners app. 14-16
  3. In a stand mixer or with hand blender whisk oil, vanilla extract in large bowl
  4. Add milk and whisk until incorporated
  5. Add date paste and mix well at medium speed for 2-3 minutes
  6. In a separate bowl mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, almond flour, flax seeds powder and salt and make sure no lumps should be remaining.
  7. Add flour mixture in to wet mixture gradually at medium speed for 2-3 minutes until whole batter becomes a pouring-like consistency
  8. Add chopped walnuts and fold batter gently
  9. Fill muffin cupcake liner 3/4 full and bake them for 40-45 minute or until toothpick  comes out clean from center.











No comments: