I'm always talking about sweets, and when you see people who are suffering from diabetes you have to take a step back and think twice. This term diabetes make me upset. I have met so many people who are diabetic. Diabetes prevents you from eating food which contains sugar - artificial and any normal source of sugar. Natural sugar from fruits, vegetables, and grains are healthy but only if you take them in a limited portion. Artificial sugar is big no no. Diabetes is a silent killer and it occurs due to unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, poor nutrients intake from natural food, and blood pressure. For more information you can visit and learn more about diabetes at http://www.diabetes.ca/
Now the question that remains is how to make delicious food, which has all of the flavor, taste and is something that you can enjoy? Don't be stressed out and feel guilty if you are diabetic. Every problem has a solution. You can eat the same thing as what others have in their plate, but in a different and healthy way.
Today I am going to hopefully please all of you, my dear friends, with this guilt free, tasty spinach brown rice plate. Hope you will enjoy it.!!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
1/2 cup organic Brown rice
4 cups water
1 Teaspoon Avocado oil
1 cup organic spinach
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1/8 teaspoon Turmeric
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 tablespoon Avocado oil
1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Wash brown rice with water and set aside.
- In medium pot boil 4 cups of water at medium heat.
- Once water is boiling add 1 teaspoon of avocado oil in water and add washed brown rice.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for 18-20 minutes until fully cooked
- Strain in sieve and take out rice in one bowl.
- In small pan heat 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- Once oil is heated, add cumin seeds and add chopped spinach.
- Saute spinach for 2 minutes and add salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander and cumin powder and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon water and let it cook for another 5 minutes and take out from heat.
- Add cooked brown rice in spinach and mix well.
- Serve hot with organic rolled oat flat bread (bhakhri) ***see recipe of oat flat bread***
Nutrients count and Calories: